Perfectly Delicious Pecan Bars
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed and divided
- 1 1/2 cups butter, divided (no substitutes)
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour and 1 cup brown sugar.
- Cut 1/2 cup butter into mixture until coarse and crumbly.
- Press into 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Place pecans evenly over crumb mixture.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine remaining 1 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar
and 1 cup butter. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Boil 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir in cream and vanilla extract until well blended; pour over pecans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan; cut into bars.