Pineapple Beer Cookies
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup Crisco
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup beer
- 2 (1 pound) jars pineapple
- Confectioners' sugar
- Blend together the flour, baking powder, Crisco and salt.
- Mix together the egg and beer, then add to the flour mixture.
- Divide dough
into 3 equal parts and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll 1/3 portion of dough thin enough to fit a cookie sheet.
- Place dough
on cookie sheet.
- Evenly spread 1 jar of pineapple preserves on the top.
out next 1/3 of dough, place on top.
- Spread second jar of pineapple preserves
- Roll out last portion of dough and place on top of preserves.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar while warm.
- Cut into squares.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.