Pineapple Nut Squares
- 1 pound butter (a must - margarine crumbles)
- 3/4 to 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 large egg yolks or 4 small
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 large can crushed pineapple
- 1 pound ground walnuts
- Powdered sugar
- Cream together all ingredients except flour.
- When well mixed, add flour and mix smooth.
- Press into a 13 x 20 cookie sheet with sides.
- On top of dough
spread crushed pineapple and top with ground walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or until done. You will have to
decide on your oven.
- Cool on rack.
- When cooled, sprinkle well with powdered sugar.
- Cover with foil and they stay moist for a week.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/12/01 1:47:50 pm.