Pound Cake Toffee Squares
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) pound cake, frozen
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut pound cake vertically into 10 equal-size slices.
- Arrange cake slices
on a broiler rack; broil 8 to 10 inches from heat source, until lightly browned
on each side. Or toast cake slices in a toaster oven until lightly browned.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan; stir over moderate heat
for 3 minutes.
- Arrange cake slices on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spoon half the brown sugar mixture over cake slices, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips, nuts and remaining brown
sugar mixture over cake slices; return to oven and bake 10 to 15 minutes, until
- Remove from oven and spread melted chocolate evenly over slices.
- Cut each slice in half and allow to cool.
Yield: 20 squares