These brownie cookies are made easy with the use of a brownie mix.
- 1 (18.4 ounce) package Pillsbury™ Family Size
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18 ounce) roll Pillsbury® refrigerated
chocolate chip cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark pan). Spray a 13 x 9-inch
pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Make brownie mix as directed on box using oil, water and eggs.
- Spread batter
evenly in pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes while making praline mixture.
- Heat butter, milk, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pecans and vanilla
2-quart saucepan to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat
to medium-low; simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; set aside until brownies are baked.
- Remove partially baked brownies from oven.
- Immediately pour praline mixture
evenly over brownies.
- Cut cookie dough crosswise into 4 equal pieces; cut each
piece into 4 slices.
- Carefully place slices in 3 rows of 5 slices each, using
last slice to fill in spaces. (Spaces between cookie dough pieces will spread
during baking to cover top.)
- Bake an additional 23 to 28 minutes or until cookie topping is deep golden
- If serving as bars, cool 2 hours; cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- If serving
with ice cream as dessert, cool for 20 to 30 minutes; cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Ready Time: 170 min
Yield: 24 Servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): See directions on package for 13 x 9-inch pan.
Increase final bake time to 26 to 31 minutes.
Joanna Crumley, Hubbard, OR Bake-Off® Contest 42, 2006
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2006 2006 © and ®/™ of General
Recipe and photo credit: