- 8 ounces almond paste, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups soft butter
- 3 cups flour
- 30 drops red food coloring
- 18 drops green food coloring
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons almond extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Grease 3 (15 1/4 x 10 1/4 x 34-inch) cookie pans and line bottom with wax
paper, letting paper extend over short sides.
- Beat egg yolks, almond paste, butter and extract at medium speed until
light and fluffy.
- With wooden spoon, beat in flour.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form and mix with almond paste mixture.
- Separate into 3 equal parts.
- Add red food coloring to 1 part and green to another.
- Spread red, green, and white batters into each of 3 prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes until edges are brown.
- Spread raspberry jam on green layer, top with white layer, spread with apricot
preserves on white layer, top with red layer.
- Cover, weigh down and refrigerate overnight.
- Melt chocolate pieces in double boiler.
- Spread on cake.
- When set, cut into squares.
Yield: 7 dozen
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.