Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter-flavor shortening
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with vegetable
nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, blend together the flour, brown sugar and finely chopped
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture for part of the topping.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the selected baking pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the edges are golden.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and almond
extract until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the hot bar base layer just removed
from the oven.
- Return the cream cheese filling to the oven and bake for about
- While still warm from the oven, spread raspberry preserves evenly over the
top of the cream cheese filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaked coconut and the sliced almonds with
the reserved crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the top of the melting raspberry preserves.
- Return the to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool, chill for 3 hours prior to serving.
- Store in the refrigerator.