- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- Cream butter with 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Spread in 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and set aside.
- While first layer bakes, beat egg whites until foamy white and double in
volume, then beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar until meringue stands in firm peaks.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Spread raspberry preserves over layer in pan and sprinkle with coconut.
- Spread meringue over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until light golden.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into squares.
Yield: 8 dozen
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.