Raspberry Chocolate Butter Cream Bars
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, cut into
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 (1 ounce)
squares semisweet chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate,
cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup
unsalted butter, regular butter or margarine, cut into small pieces, softened
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate, cut into
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate and
1/2 cup butter, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- In large bowl, beat 2 cups sugar, salt, vanilla extract and 4 eggs.
- Stir in melted
chocolate mixture just until blended.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup;
- Stir in flour just until blended.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared
- Bake at 250 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Spread raspberry preserves over base.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate and
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- In another small saucepan, bring 1/3 cup sugar and water to a boil, boil
- In large bowl, beat 2 eggs until frothy.
- Gradually add sugar and water mixture
and beat on highest speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored.
add butter, a small piece at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add melted
chocolate and beat until smooth.
- Spread filling carefully over preserves.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate and
1 tablespoon butter, stirring constantly.
- Drizzle over filling.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour; cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
Yield: about 36 bars