Raspberry Coconut Bars
Easy to bake and take, these bars blend a winning combination of flavors:
raspberry, cream cheese, coconut and white chocolate chips.
- 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry jam
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, cream together sugar, butter, cream
cheese, eggs and vanilla extract until just blended.
- Slowly add flour, baking powder and salt until fully combined.
- Spread batter evenly onto ungreased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread jam over bars.
- Sprinkle with coconut; continue to bake for additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven; allow to cool 30 minutes.
- Place white chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl and heat in microwave
on HIGH 1 minute or until melted.
- Using fork, drizzle melted white chocolate
over cookies, then immediately cut into bars and allow to dry.
Yield: 24-28 bars
Recipe and photo credit: C&H Sugar, Inc. - chsugar.com