Raspberry Coconut Layer Bars
I made these and they were good but much better the next day. If you had
some fresh raspberries, it would be better because it still did taste like preserves.
- 1 2/3 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 2/3 cups (7 ounce package) flaked coconut
- 1 1/4 cups (14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup red raspberry jam or preserves
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup (1 1/2 ounces) chopped white chocolate baking bar, melted
- Combine Graham cracker crumbs and butter in medium bowl.
- Spread evenly over
bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan, pressing to make compact crust.
- Sprinkle with coconut;
pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over coconut.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned;
- Spread jam over coconut layer; chill for 3 to 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Drizzle chocolate then white chocolate over top layer to make lacy effect; chill.
- Cut into 3 x 1 1/2 inch bars.
Posted by swm56 at Recipe Goldmine 4/10/02 10:59:46 am.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.