Raspberry-Filled White Chocolate Bars
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 (12 ounce)
bag white chocolate chunks or 2 (6 ounce) bags white chocolate, chopped (divided)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon
almond extract or amaretto
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam or raspberry spreadable fruit
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- Toast sliced almonds in frying pan over low-medium heat, stirring frequently,
until they begin to color and become fragrant, about 7 minutes.
- Pour out of
pan and set aside.
- Melt butter and 1 cup of the white chocolate chunks (or half of the chopped
white chocolate) together in small pan over very low heat, stirring constantly.
When all has melted, set aside.
- In small bowl of electric mixer, beat eggs until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar,
beating at high speed until lemon-colored.
- Stir in white chocolate mixture.
- Add flour, salt and almond extract; mix at low speed until just combined.
half of batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven,
but leave oven on.
- Meanwhile, stir remaining half of white chocolate chunks or pieces into
remaining half of batter; set aside.
- Melt jam in small saucepan over low heat.
- Spread jam evenly over warm crust. Gently spoon teaspoonfuls of remaining
batter over jam. (Some jam may show through batter.)
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Return to oven; bake for 30 to 40 minutes more, or until a wooden pick inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
Per serving: 190 calories, 26g carbohydrates, 2g protein, 9g total fat (2g
saturated), 28mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium. Calories from fat: 43%
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Oct. 17, 2001