Raspberry Fudge Truffle Bars
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals, dissolved in 1 teaspoon boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup seedless red raspberry jam (1/3 cup of seeded jam forced through a strainer equals 1/3 cup seedless)
- 1 teaspoon raspberry flavoring (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square pan.
- Bottom Layer: Melt butter and chocolate chips in a heavy pan over low heat,
or microwave on medium low. Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Then, 1 more minute
and stir. Then, every 30 seconds until melted.
- Cool slightly.
- Beat eggs and brown sugar with electric mixer until well blended and smooth,
about 1 minute.
- Dissolve coffee crystals in hot water before combining with egg mixture.
- Add melted chocolate chips and mix well.
- Stir baking powder and flour together before adding.
- Spread evenly in a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bars test done. Cool.
- Filling: Melt chocolate chips and cool.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy and add confectioners' sugar, jam and flavoring.
- Stir in melted chocolate and spread over the cooled bars.
- Topping: Melt shortening and chocolate chips together and drizzle over the
- To drizzle, put melted mixture into a small plastic bag. Snip a tiny
bit off of one corner and squeeze out chocolate to drizzle.
- Refrigerate before cutting.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: about 64
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.