Raspberry Granola Bars
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 cup granola
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Beat together shortening, 1/4 cup sugar, and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add almond extract and 2 egg yolks.
- Slowly mix in flour until fully combined.
- Spread this mixture over the bottom of prepared pan
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread preserves over crust immediately after removing it from the oven.
Sprinkle with granola.
- Beat the egg whites until they are foamy.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, beating
until stiff peaks form.
- Spread egg white mixture on top of granola.
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Cool completely, then cut into bars.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.