Raspberry Granola Bars
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 cup granola
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Beat together shortening, 1/4 cup sugar, and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add almond extract and 2 egg yolks.
- Slowly mix in flour until fully combined.
- Spread this mixture over the bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread preserves over crust immediately after removing it from the oven.
Sprinkle with granola.
- Beat the egg whites until they are foamy.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread egg white mixture on top of granola.
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Cool completely, then cut into bars.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.