Raspberry-Kissed Coconut Bars
Shortbread cookies are your ticket to these delectably delicious, super-easy
- 25 square shortbread cookies
- 2 2/3 cups BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut (7-ounce package)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 9-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray
with cooking spray.
- Arrange cookies, in single layer, on bottom of prepared pan.
- Combine coconut, sugar and flour in large bowl.
- Add egg whites and extract; mix well. Carefully spread over cookies.
- Drop small spoonsful of jam over coconut mixture; swirl gently with knife to
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until center is almost set and edges are golden
- Cool completely.
- Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan before cutting into bars.
Yield: 20 servings | Prep Time: 15 min
Substitute: Prepare using your favorite flavor of fruit jam.
How to Use Egg Yolks: Refrigerate egg yolks until ready to use to prepare another
recipe, such as a simple lemon curd. Then, spoon over angel food cake slices topped
with fresh berries.
Nutrition Information: Amount per Serving: Calories 140 Total fat 5g Saturated
fat 3.5g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 85mg Carbohydrate 21g Dietary fiber 1g Sugars 14g
% Daily Value Vitamin A 0% DV Vitamin C 0% DV Calcium 0% DV Iron 2% DV
Recipe and photo credit: Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com