The bright-pink center of these squares will remind you, in appearance and taste,
of pink lemonade.
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup glazing sugar or confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 10 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (grated rind)
- 12-ounce bag frozen raspberries, thawed
(about 3 cups raspberries), pureed and strained to make about 3/4 to 1 cup seedless puree
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Instant ClearJel or cornstarch
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan, or
line it with foil or parchment paper.
- Crust: In a medium-sized bowl, beat the butter to soften it,
then mix in the remaining ingredients until the dough holds together when you
squeeze it. Press it into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of the prepared pan.
- Prick the dough all over with a fork.
- Bake the crust for 22 to 26 minutes, until it's golden.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Filling: In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon
juice, lemon zest, and raspberry puree.
- Whisk the ClearJel or cornstarch with
the sugar and salt, then stir into juice mixture.
- Pour filling over the baked crust.
- Bake the bars in a preheated 300 degrees F oven for 30 to 35 minutes,
until the middle is set.
- Cool before topping.
- Topping: Melt the white chocolate over low heat, or in the microwave.
- Stir in the cream and corn syrup. Spread over the cooled squares.
- Decorate with shaved white chocolate, if desired.
- When the topping is set, slice into squares.
- Refrigerate any uneaten squares.
Yield: 16 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
King Arthur Flour - kingarthurflour.com
>> BAR COOKIE RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.