Raspberry Linzer Bars
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F, and lightly butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Cream together sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Stir in egg yolks and lemon peel.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, ground almonds and baking powder; add to the
butter mixture and stir until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Set aside 1 cup of this mixture, then press the remainder into the bottom of the prepared
- Spread preserves evenly over the top, then crumble the reserved crust mixture
over the preserves.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned on the surface.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.
Makes 12 bars.
Nutrition Per Serving: 290 calories, 5 g protein, 15 g total fat (6 g sat.),
37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g sugar, 55 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 7 points
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes