Raspberry Snow Bars
- 3/4 cup Crisco
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 cup red raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream Crisco, salt, 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Blend in almond extract and egg yolks.
- Mix in flour.
- Pat dough into ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread hot crust with preserves, top with coconut.
- Beat egg whites until foamy; gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar until soft
- Spread over coconut.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.