Raspberry Snow Bars
- 3/4 cup Crisco
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 cup red raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream Crisco, salt, 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Blend in almond extract and egg yolks.
- Mix in flour.
- Pat dough into ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread hot crust with preserves, top with coconut.
- Beat egg whites until foamy; gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar until soft
- Spread over coconut.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.