Raspberry Tea Cakes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Crust: Mix flour sugar and butter until crumbly.
- Pat into 13 x 9-inch lightly
greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Filling: When crust comes out of the oven, spread jam over, making sure
you don't spread all the way to the edges.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat brown sugar into eggs and add vanilla extract.
- Stir flour mixture into
brown sugar mixture.
- Pour over the jam, spreading carefully if necessary.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into small squares and roll in confectioners' sugar.