Raspberry Tea Cakes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Crust: Mix flour sugar and butter until crumbly.
- Pat into 13 x 9-inch lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Filling: When crust comes out of the oven, spread jam over, making sure
you don't spread all the way to the edges.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat brown sugar into egs and add vanilla extract.
- Stir flour mixture into
brown sugar mixture.
- Pour over the jam, spreading carefully if necessary.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into small squares and roll in confectioners' sugar.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.