Raspberry-Walnut Shortbread Bars
- 1 cup chopped Diamond Walnuts
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam, preferably seedless
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread walnuts on a baking sheet or in a shallow pan.
- Bake, stirring once or twice, until lightly browned and fragrant, 8 to 10
- Let cool.
- Leave oven set at 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch-square baking pan with vegetable
oil spray; set aside.
- To make the crust: In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup of the flour,
the granulated sugar, and salt.
- With your fingertips or a pastry blender, cut
butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press evenly
onto bottom of pan.
- Bake until crust is lightly browned at the edges, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then spread evenly with raspberry jam.
- To make the topping and bake the bars: In a medium bowl, combine the remaining
2 tablespoons flour, brown sugar, and baking soda.
- Whisk gently to blend.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir in toasted walnuts.
- Spoon mixture over jam, spreading to the edges with the back of a spoon.
- Return to oven and bake until topping is set, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into
- Dust lightly with confectioners' sugar.
- Store airtight at room temperature up to 5 days.
Source: Diamond Walnuts
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.