Raspberry Truffle Squares
These Raspberry Truffle Squares are over-the-top rich!
The squares will keep, well wrapped and refrigerated or frozen, for several weeks.
Allow to warm to room temperature before serving.
- 2 cups (4 sticks, 16 ounces) unsalted butter
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (a generous cup of chopped chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon salt (if you've used salted butter, reduce the salt to 1/2 teaspoon)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raspberry flavor
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 4 ounces chopped semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (about 2/3 cup)
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt the sugar and butter together in a saucepan or microwave safe bowl.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Add the chocolate, stirring until totally melted, then stir in the salt,
vanilla extract and raspberry flavor.
- Whisk in the eggs, then the flour.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 9 x 13-inch pan, shaking it to level the
- Bake the bars for 30 minutes. The bars in the middle of the pan might feel
soft and undercooked, but they should be pulling away from the edges of the
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Heat the jam slightly, then spread it evenly over the warm bars.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and cream together, stirring until smooth.
- Spread over the squares.
- Allow to cool for several hours, or overnight.
- Cut into small squares (about 1 1/4" x 1 1/4").
Yield: about 80 squares
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
King Arthur Flour - kingarthurflour.com
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.