Raspberry Truffle Squares
These squares are over-the-top rich!
- 2 cups (4 sticks, 16 ounces) unsalted butter
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (a generous cup of chopped chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon salt (if you've used salted butter, reduce the salt to 1/2 teaspoon)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raspberry flavor
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 4 ounces chopped semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (about 2/3 cup)
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt the sugar and butter together in a saucepan or microwave safe bowl.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Add the chocolate, stirring until totally melted, then stir in the salt,
vanilla extract and raspberry flavor.
- Whisk in the eggs, then the flour.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 9 x 13-inch pan, shaking it to level the
- Bake the bars for 30 minutes. The bars in the middle of the pan might feel
soft and undercooked, but they should be pulling away from the edges of the
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Heat the jam slightly, then spread it evenly over the warm bars.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and cream together, stirring until smooth.
- Spread over the squares.
- Allow to cool for several hours, or overnight.
- Cut into small squares (about 1 1/4" x 1 1/4").
Yield: about 80 squares
The squares will keep, well wrapped and refrigerated or frozen, for several weeks.
Allow to warm to room temperature before serving.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
King Arthur Flour - kingarthurflour.com
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes