- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLE TOLL
HOUSE Premier White Morsels, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and sugar a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt butter in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute;
- Add 1 cup morsels; let stand. Do not stir.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl until foamy.
- Add sugar; beat until light lemon
colored, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in morsel-butter mixture.
- Add flour, salt and
almond extract; mix at low speed until combined.
- Spread 2/3 of batter into prepared
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Remove
from oven to wire rack.
- Heat jam in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds;
- Spread jam over warm crust.
- Stir remaining morsels into remaining batter.
- Drop spoonsful of batter over jam.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: 16 bars
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.