This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup finely diced rhubarb
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix 1 cup of the flour and 1/4 cup of the sugar in a medium bowl.
- Cut in the butter with pastry blender; mix well with fingers.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining 3 tablespoons flour and 1 cup of the sugar
in a medium bowl.
- Mix in the eggs; add rhubarb, lemon juice, coconut, vanilla
extract and lemon zest.
- Pour over the hot baked crust.
- Bake until set, about 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Cut into 16 pieces for serving.
Yield: 16 pieces
Nutrition information per piece: 171 calories, 37% of calories from fat,
7 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 41 mg cholesterol, 25 g carbohydrates, 2 g protein,
55 mg sodium, 0.5 g fiber