This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Rhubarb Custard Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 5 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Crust: In a bowl combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until the mixture
resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Filling.
- Filling: Combine sugar and flour in a bowl.
- Whisk in cream and eggs.
- Stir in the rhubarb.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until custard is set.
- Topping: Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth; fold
in whipped cream.
- Spread over top.
- Cover and chill.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 3 dozen