This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Rich Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 3/4 cups (10 ounces) Skor English Toffee Bits, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Stir together flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter.
- Add egg, mixing well.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and nuts.
- Reserving 1 1/2 cups mixture, press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom
of prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over hot crust.
- Top with 1 1/2 cups toffee bits.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 cup chocolate
chips over top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits on top.
- Cool completely.
Yield: about 48 bars