This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Rocky Road Bars
Brownie-like chocolatey Rocky Road Bars are smothered with marshmallows, walnuts
and chocolate chips to make these chock-full treats.
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Microwave 1 cup morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH
(100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Morsels may retain some of their original shape.
If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just
until morsels are melted.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour and baking powder in small bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter and vanilla in large mixer bowl until crumbly.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add melted chocolate; beat until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Spread batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
out slightly sticky.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle immediately with marshmallows, nuts and remaining
- Return to oven for 2 minutes or just until marshmallows begin to melt.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars with wet knife.
- Serve warm.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 18 minutes | Yield: 30 bars
By: NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):