This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Rocky Road Coca-Cola Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/3 cup Coca-cola
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Bars: Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; set aside. Heat oven to
350 degrees F.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a large bowl.
- Bring the butter and Coca-Cola to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Pour over the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl until frothy.
- Add buttermilk, baking soda,
and vanilla extract, and whisk until blended.
- Stir into the batter until incorporated. The batter will be thin.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a cake tester
inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, prepare the frosting.
- Frosting: Bring the butter, Coca-Cola, coffee and water to boil in a small
- Stir the powdered sugar and cocoa together in a medium bowl and pour
the butter-Coca-Cola mixture over; stir with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Fold in the walnuts and marshmallows.
- Remove the cake from the oven and pour
the frosting over the top of the hot cake, spreading to the sides of the pan.
- Cool to room temperature.
Cake may be kept tightly covered at room temperature up to one week or it
may be frozen. Defrost at room temperature.