This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Rum Cream Bars
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups whipping (heavy) cream
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon rum or 1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup butter with
- Press on bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup granulated sugar with spoon until
- Gradually stir in whipping cream and rum. Pour over baked layer.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until custard is set and knife inserted in
center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- In small bowl, mix all Rum Glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle bars with glaze.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
Makes 36 bars.