This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Salted Caramel Turtle Triangles
Double chocolate chunk, fudgy brownies meet ooey, gooey caramel and a sprinkle
of sea salt.
- 1 (17.4 ounce) pouch Betty Crocker® double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels, approximately 50 caramels
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, plus an additional 1/2 teaspoon for top of bars
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir together cookie mix, butter, water and egg until soft
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan, sprinkle with 1/3 cup pecans.
- Bake for 11 to 15 minutes or until set in center and edges just begin to
pull from sides of pan.
- Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter, caramels
and cream, stirring frequently until mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Spread caramel evenly over cookie base and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle top of caramel with additional salt right before serving.
- To serve, cut into 4 rows by 6 rows and cut each square diagonally into
- Store in refrigerator; bring to room temperature before serving.
Prep Time 20 min | Cook Time 15 min | Servings 48
I love the Fleur de Sel Caramels at Boule in Los Angeles. I wanted to make a
version of them at home without having to make caramel from scratch. Since I also
love turtle brownies, I tried putting the two elements together and came up with
these decadent, rich and gooey bars.
Nutrition Information: 1 Bar Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 50), % Daily
Value Total Fat 5g 5% (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, 2 1/2% Trans Fat 0g 0% ), Cholesterol
15mg 15%; Sodium 110mg 110%;Total Carbohydrate 15g 15% (Dietary Fiber 0g 0% Sugars
9g 9% ), Protein 1g 1%
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):