Salted Nut Bars
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 pound mixed nuts or cocktail peanuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, salt and the 1 cup butter; blend
- Press into ungreased 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle nuts over partially baked crust.
- In small saucepan, combine corn syrup, the 2 tablespoons butter, water and
butterscotch chips; boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour cooked mixture over nuts to within 1 inch from edge of pan (as the
mixture spreads while baking).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool; cut into bars.
Makes 3 to 4 dozen bars.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.