This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Sassy Strawberry Jam Slices
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in egg yolks.
- Add flour and nuts; mix well.
- Spread half of dough onto bottom of greased 9-inch
square baking pan; top with preserves, then with remaining dough mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until lightly browned.
- Cool; cut into squares.
Yield: 18 servings
Per serving: 264 Calories; 16g Fat (51.7% calories from fat); 3g Protein;
29g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 35mg Cholesterol; 124mg Sodium
Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 3 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates