Smoky Mountain Jam Squares
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup blackberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup chopped black walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Batter: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients in order listed, mixing well after each addition.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and drizzle with glaze.
- Caramel Glaze: In small saucepan over medium heat, melt
butter; stir in brown sugar and milk.
Bring to a boil; cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and
Yield: 48 squares