S'More Cookie Bars
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 9 ounces milk-chocolate candy bars, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Combine butter, shortening, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Combine Graham cracker crumbs, flour and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture. Mix at low speed until just blended.
- Spread dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned and
set. (The center of the crust will still be a little soft.)
- Cool completely.
- Place cream in a heavy saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate pieces. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Stir in marshmallows.
- Spread evenly over cooked crust.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours, before cutting into bars.
Makes about 3 dozen.
Source: The Wichita Eagle 10/31/01