- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Melt shortening over low heat.
- Add eggs and sugar, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt until well
- Add to the egg mixture.
- Spread batter into baking pan.
- Sprinkle thickly with cinnamon and chopped nuts.
- Bake until light brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and remove from pan immediately.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.