Sour Cherry Bars
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 5 tablespoons
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups pitted sour cherries
- Mix together well either in a food processor or by cutting in by hand. Do
not get the crust mixture too warm or it will be sticky and hard to handle.
- Pat into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Filling: If using a food processor, pour eggs, sugar, brown sugar, baking
powder and flour into the work bowl and process until well mixed.
- Add the cherries
and chop up by bursts of the on/off switch. Do not chop too finely or the fruit
will lose its identity. If using a mixer or by hand, mix the ingredients except
- Chop the fruit and add to mixture.
- Pour over the partially-baked crust and
bake for another 45 minutes.
Variations: Rhubarb, apricots, peaches, plums.