Strawberry Lemonade Bars
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup pureed strawberries (about 3/4 cup berries)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Crust: In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter, until smooth and
- Working at a low speed, gradually beat in flour and salt until mixture
- Pour into prepared pan and press into an even layer.
- Bake for about 17 minutes, until set at the edges.
- While the crust bakes, prepare the filling.
- In the bowl of a food processor,
combine lemon juice, lemon zest, strawberry puree, sugar and eggs and process
- Add in flour, baking powder and salt, then pulse until smooth.
- Gently pour the filling over the hot crust when it has finished baking.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 23-26 minutes, until the filling is set
(There will be a light colored “crust” on top from the sugar in the custard).
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Use a damp knife to cut into squares.
- Store bars in the refrigerator.
Makes 24 bars.