Sublime Lemon Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 2/3
cups sugar (only 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons with Meyer lemons)
- 6 tablespoons fresh
regular lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon finely grated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons
confectioners' sugar, pressed through fine sieve
- Crust: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan; coat lightly with
flour, tapping out excess.
- Prepare crust.
- While crust is baking, in same processor bowl without washing it, add eggs, sugar,
lemon juice, flour, zest, baking powder and salt. Mix until thick and light colored,
about 30 seconds.
- Pour over hot, pre-baked crust.
- Bake until lightly colored on surface, about 25 minutes longer.
- Cool at room temperature.
- To serve, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Carefully cut into 2 1/2 -inch
bars, dipping knife in water to avoid tearing topping.
- Crust: Use a food processor with metal blade. In bowl, put all ingredients. Pulse
until mixture just begins to clump (as with pie crust).
- Transfer to prepared pan,
spreading clumps evenly, then pressing them through plastic wrap to make an even
- Bake until lightly colored on edges, about 20 minutes.
Per serving: Cal 404 (39% fat) Fat 18 g (10 g sat) Fiber 1 g Chol 112 mg
Sodium 104 mg Carb 58 g Calcium 39 mg