Sugared Soft Ginger Bars
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons coarse decorator sugar or granulated sugar, for topping
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan.
- Combine 1 1/4 cups sugar and butter in a large mixer bowl. Beat at medium
speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add egg, molasses and vanilla extract. Continue to beat, scraping bowl often,
until creamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and
cloves. Continue to beat, scraping bowl often, until well-mixed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Press dough into pan. Sprinkle decorator sugar on top.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into desired shapes with knife or cookie cutters.
Yield: 48 bars
Per serving: 88 calories; 4g fat (41 percent of calories from fat); 2.5g
saturated fat; 15mg cholesterol; 1g protein; 12g carbohydrate; 6g sugar; no fiber;
41mg sodium; 6mg calcium; 30mg potassium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes