My mom used to make this all the time, mainly for Christmas, and I used to eat
the majority of them before anyone else could. LOL
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, butter, molasses, egg yolk and vanilla extract with spoon.
- Stir in flour and 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Press dough in ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Mix remaining chocolate chips, raisins, peanuts and peanut butter in 2-quart
pan on medium heat, stirring constantly until chips are melted.
- Spread over crust in pan.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut into bars and enjoy.
Posted by MichelleZ at Recipe Goldmine 11/13/2001 5:10 pm.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes