- 1 (1 pound) box light brown sugar
- 4 extra large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon maple flavoring
- 1 rounded tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (10 ounce) package butterscotch morsels
- 1/3 cup wheat bran, optional
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- Stir together brown sugar, egg whites, vanilla extract, maple flavoring
and baking powder until smooth.
- Stir in pecans, butterscotch morsels and wheat
- Add melted butter.
- Stir flours into mixture and mix well.
- Grease two nonstick cookie sheets with butter.
- Spread mixture evenly on cookie sheets, leaving about 1 1/2 to 2 inches
to edge all the way around to allow for expansion. Cookie will puff up, then
- Bake for 11 minutes at 325 degrees F. Do not let the cookies brown.
- Cool, then transfer to cutting board and cut into squares.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.