- 1 (1 pound) box light brown sugar
- 4 extra large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple flavoring
- 1 rounded tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (10 ounce) package butterscotch morsels
- 1/3 cup wheat bran, optional
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- Stir together brown sugar, egg whites, vanilla extract, maple flavoring
and baking powder until smooth.
- Stir in pecans, butterscotch morsels and wheat bran.
- Add melted butter.
- Stir flours into mixture and mix well.
- Grease two nonstick cookie sheets with butter.
- Spread mixture evenly on cookie sheets, leaving about 1 1/2 to 2 inches
to edge all the way around to allow for expansion. Cookie will puff up, then
- Bake for 11 minutes at 325 degrees F. Do not let the cookies brown.
- Cool, then transfer to cutting board and cut into squares.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.