Thick and Chewy Orange Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: Combine crust ingredients. Press into a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Filling: Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Blend in honey, eggs, orange zest and extracts.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Blend the wet and dry ingredients together well.
- Spread over crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.