Toasted Macaroon Bars
A rich, delicious bar cookie with a shortbread crust.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup C&H Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
Filling and Topping
- 1 cup C&H Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups toasted sliced almonds
- 1 cup toasted coconut for topping
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- To prepare crust, reheat oven to 350 degrees F and arrange rack to the center
- Beat butter, sugar and flour together until crumbly and press evenly on
the bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- To prepare topping, beat sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla
and almond extract together until smooth.
- Fold in flaked coconut and toasted almonds. Spread topping mixture evenly
over top of hot crust.
- Return to oven and continue baking for 10-15 minutes more or until golden.
- Remove from oven and top immediately with toasted coconut.
- Cool thoroughly, then cut into squares.
Yield: about 2 dozen squares
Quick Tip: To toast almonds and coconut, arrange in an even layer on a baking
sheet and "toast" under your oven's broiler until golden, stirring frequently for
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
C&H Sugar Company - chsugar.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes