Toffee 'n' Fudge Bars
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (1.05 ounce) chocolate covered toffee candy bars, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract until light
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt to butter mixture.
Blend at low speed until dough
forms, about 1 minute (dough will be stiff).
- Stir in half of crushed toffee bars and nuts.
- Pat dough into ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining toffee bars.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: 25 bars