Toffee 'n' Fudge Bars
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup English toffee
bits or almond brickle chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and cocoa.
- Cut in butter until mixture
- Press firmly into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat milk, vanilla extract and 1 cup of the chocolate
chips, stirring until smooth.
- Pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with nuts, coconut,
toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips; press down firmly.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
Yield: about 3 dozen bars