Triple Decker Dream Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 to 10 (3/4 ounce) bars English toffee candy
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In mixing bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pat into bottom of ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with crushed candy bars.
- Mix together eggs, pecans, flour, firmly packed brown sugar, coconut and
baking powder; pour this mixture on top of candy bars.
- Return to 325 degree Fs oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes longer or until
top is golden brown.
- Prepare glaze and drizzle over bars.
- Cool slightly.
- Cut into bars.