Tropical Lime Oat Bars
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) regular butter, softened
- 2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can low-fat sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lime peel, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3 1/2 ounces macadamia nuts, chopped (3/4 cup)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray bottom and sides of a 13 x 9-inch
metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add combined oats, flour and salt. Mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup oat mixture for topping; set aside.
- Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Transfer to cooling rack.
- In same bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime peel and
lime juice. Mix well.
- Carefully pour evenly over the hot crust.
- Combine reserved oat mixture, coconut and nuts.
- Mix well and sprinkle evenly over filling, patting lightly.
- Bake for 30 to 34 minutes, or until topping is light golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
Yield: 32 bars
Source: Quaker Oats
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.