- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, separated
- Pureed berries (optional sauce)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease bottom of 9-inch square pan or pie plate.
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Beat egg whites with 1 tablespoon sugar until they form soft peaks.
- Stir cocoa and 1 cup sugar into melted butter.
- Remove from heat. Cool for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and vanilla extract.
- Add yolks, 1 at a time; beating well after each addition.
- Gradually fold egg white mixture into chocolate mixture. Spoon batter into
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool and refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Serve with sauce on the side, if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.