- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup diced well-drained maraschino or candied cherries
- With hands, mix 1 cup of the flour, the butter and confectioners' sugar
until well blended.
- Spread in an 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
- Mix 1/4 cup flour and remaining ingredients.
- Spread over baked mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Cool, then cut into 16 squares.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.