- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup diced well-drained maraschino
or candied cherries
- With hands, mix 1 cup of the flour, the butter and confectioners' sugar
until well blended.
- Spread in an 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
- Mix 1/4 cup flour and remaining ingredients.
- Spread over baked mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Cool, then cut into 16 squares.