White Chocolate Key Lime Calypso Bars
Looking for an elegant dessert? Then check out these white chocolate and key
lime bars – a nutty treat flavored with coconut and pistachio.
- 1 roll (16.5 ounces) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1 cup chopped shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cups Hershey's® premier white baking chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) Eagle Brand® sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice, fresh lime juice or thawed frozen limeade concentrate
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon CRISCO® Pure Vegetable Oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough.
- Stir or knead in pistachio nuts and
coconut until well blended.
- With floured fingers, press dough mixture evenly
in bottom of pan to form crust.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the white baking chips over
dough; press lightly into dough.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat condensed milk, lime juice and egg yolks
until well blended.
- Pour milk mixture evenly over crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes longer or until filling is set.
- In small microwavable bowl, place remaining 1/2 cup white baking chips and
- Microwave on High for 45 seconds. Stir until smooth; if necessary, microwave
15 seconds longer.
- Drizzle over warm bars.
- Cool for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining bars.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 3 Hr 5 Min
Yield: 36 bars
Nutritional Information 1 Serving (1 Bar) Calories 190 (Calories from Fat
90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 1/2g), Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium
65mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 18g), Protein 3g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0.00%; Vitamin C 0.00%; Calcium 6.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Hershey's trademark and associated trade dress are registered trademarks of the
Hershey Company used under license.
Bake-Off Contest Winner Didi Fraioli
Huntington, New York
Contest 40, 2002
®Crisco is a trademark of The J.M. Smucker Company 2009 © and ®/™ of General
Mills. Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2009
Smucker's, Smucker's Toppings, Jif, Crisco and Eagle Brand are trademarks of
The J.M. Smucker Company, Elsie trademark used under license.
Recipe and photo credit: