White Chocolate Raspberry Oat Squares
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- Chocolate to drizzle
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry jam
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- White and bittersweet chocolate (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Mix oats, flour, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and baking soda in a large
bowl until crumbly.
- Set 2 cups oat mixture aside.
- Press remainder into bottom of prepared pan.
- Spread preserves over pan mixture
and sprinkle with the chocolate chunks.
- Crumble reserved oat mixture over preserves.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
- Served warm with ice cream, it is a wonderful dessert. Or, let it cool completely
and drizzle with melted white and bittersweet chocolate before cutting into
The cookies will keep well in the refrigerator and freeze very well.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 9/12/2001 1:01 pm.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes